Friday, December 11, 2009

Spirit of '76

Some books are just too good to be read only once. Eric Sloane's book, "Spirit of '76", is one of those books that is a great reminder of the things we have lost as a result of living in the land of plenty. So far, we have read about "Respect", "Hard Work", and "Frugality". Just those three chapters alone, if applied, could drastically change our nation, our states, our cities, and our homes. Do I enjoy my work and see it as a art form? Do I waste money on things I will throw away? Challenge: eliminate garbage from our home. Re-use, re-cycle, repair, save for another use in the future. This isn't a new thought- but it is new to my generation who values a "clean sweep" for a picture perfect house more than living within our means, and enjoying what we already have.

No comments: